Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My kind of Music!

I've just decided to post some songs I love. Some I've found from Disney (and have loved since I saw them!), some are ones I have heard on the radio, and others are friend's recommendations.
I've also put a couple of notes with the songs...


Once Upon a December-Disney
I love the tune of this song, because it's so haunting, and yet beautiful...When I first heard it (when I first watched Anastasia) I didn't like it very much... In fact it scared me (I have no idea why...), but When I watched Anastasia again a couple of years ago, it struck me how beautiful the song was...
I've loved it since =)

One Step At a Time-Jordan Sparks
This song really speaks to me, because I find myself constantly feeling like all the doors are slamming in my face. And like everything I want to do is so close, and I can almost grab it, but not quite...

Enchanted-Taylor Swift
I love this song, because it is also beautiful, and haunting, like "Once Upon a December" (Only better!) I love the story it tells. So often we don't say something to someone we should have. In this case, the girl didn't tell the guy "she was enchanted to meet him" and now she's wondering forever if he was enchanted to meet her, and who does he love. This song is a gentle reminder of how, if we meet someone we're enchanted by, don't just sit back and let opportunity slip by. Say something, and grab the chance you've been given!

I Won't say I'm in Love-Meg/Disney/Hercules
This one I decided I had to put, because since I first saw it, this has probably been the Disney song I love best! I liked it at first because of the beat, but now I love it because the beat AND words. It's so easy to understand what she's saying! She doesn't want to admit she's in love, because by doing that she's risking being hurt (in her case, again). One of the hardest things about love is there is always a chance you might get hurt... but sometimes you need to take that chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment