Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Magic of Music!

It's amazing what music can do for someone! There are so many times I've just needed to lose sight of my problems for a little while, and music always presents that escape... While I may begin my "escape" feeling angry or frustrated at myself, I can leave my escape feeling happy, as if there's something or someone out there totally worth living/waiting for... =) Lately my favorite CD is so totally Up all Night-One Direction... The beats are AMAZING, the singers are adorable, the songs are so relatable... I like to crank up the music and sing... It just helps in a way I can't describe.   =)
 
 
Another thing that seems to help me is imagining the ocean. I don't know why it helps me, especially because I've only been to an ocean beach a couple of times. I imagine the sun right before it's starts setting (before the sunset colors in the sky), with the sun reflecting off the water. Sometimes I imagine the water still, and other times, I see it as waves. As weird as it sounds, I've always felt like I had a connection to the sea/ocean/Lakes.
 
Today's been one of those days I just need to escape! =)

 
 

4 comments:

  1. love your posts! This one makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a note, the water of an ocean is not generally still...it may look a little stiller if you're in a bay but it's always moving...wish your family would let me take you places!!! Ugh, sigh...some day! Ily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know it's always moving, but I still picture it "still" =D It's just a soothing thought =) and someday, yep! =) Malls, oceans, etc. ;) Maybe we'll even "drag" along Alex hhehehehe :D I love you too! =)

      Delete