Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stars- Sarah Teasdale & Winter Stars-Sara Teasdale

Here is another of my favorite poems =)

Stars

Alone in the night
On a dark hill
With pines around me
Spicy and still,

And a heaven full of stars
Over my head,
White and topaz
And misty red;

Myriads with beating
Hearts of fire
That aeons
Cannot vex or tire;

Up the dome of heaven
Like a great hill,
I watch them marching
Stately and still,
And I know that I
Am honored to be
Witness
Of so much majesty.
Sarah Teasdale
 
 
 
 
I enjoy this one too, by the same author =)

Winter Stars

By Sara Teasdale
 
 
I went out at night alone;
The young blood flowing beyond the sea
Seemed to have drenched my spirit’s wings—
I bore my sorrow heavily.

But when I lifted up my head
From shadows shaken on the snow,
I saw Orion in the east
Burn steadily as long ago.

From windows in my father’s house,
Dreaming my dreams on winter nights,
I watched Orion as a girl
Above another city’s lights.

Years go, dreams go, and youth goes too,
The world’s heart breaks beneath its wars,
All things are changed, save in the east
The faithful beauty of the stars.
 
Orion <3

2 comments:

  1. love these! I enjoy looking at the stars and I love the smell of pine needles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love looking up at the stars at night, and just admiring them...And the smell of Pine needles has always been one of my favorite smells =)

      Delete