Monday, June 24, 2013

Friendship Pearls



"A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear that results from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl." 

~Stephan Hoeller 



This is the quote that comes to mind when I'm thinking of friends going through a hard time... So many of them are having a really hard time, because of others picking on them, annoying them, etc. It's hard to see them struggling with these problems. I wish I could just envelope them in a bubble, whisk away all their problems, and protect them from further issues. 

The thing I wish they knew most is that they are a pearl. They are a treasure to so many people. They are so worth it. They are a treasure to ME. We all have those times where life throws us lemons, and obstacles. But those obstacles are just an obstacle course that we can beat. and once we've beaten that course, the lemons can be made into lemonade to refresh us. It's all a matter of perspective, and it will help us in the times and struggles that lay before us. 
If you remember that you're a pearl and can beat the tests, than you're more than half way there.

You can do it my pearls! <3
~Annabeth

2 comments:

  1. I love how you are so loyal and care for your friends so deeply. Just a note, the color combo of grey on black is difficult to read. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =) I love them dearly, and I can't imagine how dark & bleak the world would be without them! <3 =)
      As for the text color, I have already noticed that before, but it won't fix it, even though I have tried several times... "A blog with attitude" =)

      Delete